Deny Deletion of Folders and Files to Users

Hello,

I've got a W2K domain and can't seem to configure a particular folder
and it's sub folders to deny deletion of files and folders for all
users except ones in the Administrator group.
I basically want the users to have all access i.e. read, write, modify
etc....but just deny them access to delete, if they created the
file/folder or not.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the easiest way to go about this?

Thanks,
Steve

  • Denying Users Deletion of Files and Folders
    ... and it's sub folders to deny deletion of files and folders for all ... file/folder or not. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • RE: Sub Sub Folder Emails Disappeared
    ... > I have noticed that tonight, without anything unusual happening, emails have ... > folders are all sub sub folders, ... When emails have been deleted all mails in that folder ...
  • Re: OT: unable to delete folders, WinXP
    ... I used to be driven crazy by not being able to delete files or folders ... If you go to your services control (manage computer on Win2K) and stop ... delete the file/folder. ... created in a variety of formats with a wide variety of skill levels - from ...
    (comp.publish.prepress)
  • Re: Security and Permissions
    ... You have "ntfs" permissions configured on the sub folders to give specific groups ... user files because if creator owner is present in ntfs permissions, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Audit dept request
    ... If you need to rely on the inheritance for some folders but would like to ... explicit deny will override the permit that is inherited. ... at this level and sub folders with the exception of a few sub folders. ...