Re: EFS-moved from domain to AD

You were evidently using an account of the old domain (rather
than a machine local account).
The most direct and simple thing would be to rejoin the old
domain and then log in with the old domain account.
Then, copy the files to the clear and/or export the EFS cert/key,
and then rejoin the new AD domain.

Roger

"Miguel" <Miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I moved my PC from Domain to AD (new domain), exporting profile, but didn't
export EFS keys. My PC (XP Pro) sees the encrypted folders and contents,
but
can't access the files. The SID owner is still visible, although with
numbers, and under C:\Documents and Settings it seems the info of my old
profile is still there. Is there any porribility of recovering my
encrypted
info? I've tried AEFSD and EFS Keys with no success. Thx.

  • Re: Win2000 cant logon - I really messed up
    ... physically reconnect to the domain and rejoin it to the domain. ... logon locally with any valid local account. ... | I ran the Network wizard on PC 1 and changed it from Domain to Workgroup ... | If I do a repair install will I get a change in the setup to fix it? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Locked out of windows.
    ... > i did realise i would need domain credetials to rejoin her domain, ... > didnt realise i could transfer the files without removing from the domain. ... user accounts, unless you use an account with administrative privileges ... have the local administrator account's name (Renaming the local ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: My user account now appears as " Unknown User". Can I get it back?
    ... physically reconnect to the domain and rejoin it to the domain. ... logon locally with any valid local account. ... | LAN I entered the " Network ID" wizard under "Network ... I started setting up a home user and then ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.new_user)
  • Re: Computer accounts not manageable
    ... Usualy we rejoin the computer are we run secedit on the machine to ... Below is a error that come up in the system log on a Domain controller ... security database does not contain a trust account 'computer-001408$' ... If 'computer-001408$' is a legitimate interdomain trust account, ...
  • Re: Rejoin Computer a/c to Domain?
    ... to 'reset account'? ... >objects) and select a computer account object, ... click and select reset ... >> connection to the domain and requires it to rejoin the ...