Re: Domain name showing up in directory.

Hello Roger:

First of all thanks for your help.

Although I thought my computers are running without an official domain. ( I
guess I goofed on the subject) It is the copumuter name that is getting
attached to the login.

When I logg in as Joe I get the Joe.Sammy profile.

I am not at this machine now, but, I will take a look at what you suggest.

Thanks again. Talk to you soon.

JMAC out

"Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Why does your subject mention a domain ??

When you now log in as Joe, which profile is being used,
the Joe or the Joe.Sammy profile ?

If you have, or can define for temp use, another admin account
then log in as that account, and right-click on My Computer and
select Properties. Within there, find the User Profiles dialog
(I do not have w2k available, in XP it is on the Advanced tab).
In this dialog you select one profile and copy it to the other
location. Make sure you know which is the profile you do
want to keep and which you want to wipe out.
Sometimes, just renaming the new profile that is getting in
the way will cause the correct one to be used again.

"John MacDonald" <jmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I added a second computer to my network. It ended up that there were two
computers with the same name. Now my original computer has renamed its
main
mydocuments directory for the login. I have renamed the computers and I
need
it to work properly.

For example
Originally: I would login with Joe and password blow. The computer name
was
Sammy.

When I look in my documents and settings directory

I see Joe.Sammy and then my original documents.

How do I get this fixed?

I have Windows 2000 SP4
Norton System works
Explorer 6.

Please help

JMAC out

  • RE: User template question
    ... Account tab). ... A new logon script was also assigned from the Profile tab. ... I'm afraid that your purpose cannot be achieved through User Template. ... Deploys software to user computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: XP SP2 Firewall selects Standard profile when computer is properly
    ... Is this with IBM Thinkpads or other makes and models of computers also? ... >> nearly always) selects the Standard firewall profile. ... >> connected to the network via Ethernet cable. ...
  • Re: Assigning user profiles based on OU
    ... the computers via Group Policy. ... > to user student workstations and pull the student profile. ... create OU's for specific client machine sets and apply ... If the policy settings are specific to the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Event Viewer >>> Warning >>> Userenv
    ... Troubleshooting profile unload issues ... User Profile Hive Cleanup Service ... > service was still using the registry during log off. ... > at start up, on these computers, because of very slow start ups. ...
  • Re: Comrades. I need your advice.
    ... He won't be able to install software or hardware with his regular ... > set up my computers with the sole users are administrators. ... I have set him up with an admin profile so that he can ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)