Re: Access a Share Anonymously

You could enable the Guest account and set permissions on the
share and underlying NTFS storage so that Guest has access on
that share. This would allow anyone, from anywhere that can
get to the machine on the network.
Why can you not make the username/passwords match?
Why can you not provide an account defined on the sharing-out
machine to those that need access. They would then provide the
username/password to get at the share. (again, the share and the
NTFS permissions would need to allow access to the account).

Roger

"Dave Morrow" <morrowd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there a way to share a folder such that anyone can access it without a
username / password? My Server is Win2K Server SP4 and the client is
Windows2003 Server. I cannot make the usernames/passwords on the 2
systems match.

  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... I meant to say that I never use the built in guest account - ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... taking advantage of the built in Help for XP. ... you are saying about the guest account. ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... you are saying about the guest account. ... Enabling the built in guest account can be a security risk ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ... enable the Guest Account is "an" administrator account. ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... books, Microsoft resourses, etc. ... Guest account, ... We have a wireless network with the Belkin Pre-N Router ...
  • Re: Stupid Question #1
    ... The Guest Account under XP Pro ... Enabling the Guest account on the local machine is a question only ... Confusion on the definition of 'disabling'. ... Simple File Sharing = ForceGuest. ...