Re: Please help with folder permissions

fkthespam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

This might not be possible but in windows 2000 can you make a folder
(lets say data) available for everyone to see and create folders in,
but once a folder has been created only the owner can read/write in
it?

Give "Full control" for "Sub-folders only" to "CREATOR OWNER" and to "Everyone" you give special permissions, Traverse folder, List folder, Read Attributes, Read Extended Attributes, Create Folders and Read Permissions for "This folder only".

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

  • Re: setting share and files security
    ... In Windows Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, View and uncheck ... Use Simple File Sharing. ... Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows ... > to be able to create shares and be able to give special permissions to ...
  • Re: KB893803 error code 0x80070005
    ... I was not aware of any limitation of my User Profile. ... could not open any System Volume Information folder. ... Profile enabled me to take ownership of one System Volume Information ... of one series of folders and needed Special Permissions to regain ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB893803 error code 0x80070005
    ... suggestion worked and the OP's Windows Installer installation issue is history. ... could not open any System Volume Information folder. ... Profile enabled me to take ownership of one System Volume Information ... of one series of folders and needed Special Permissions to regain ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Folder Security Issue
    ... What you need to look at is to possibly use special permissions [in advanced ... configured is on the drive/root folder of an XP Pro computer. ... compared to the long term security of people not dragging and dropping ...
  • Re: Deny folders creation/deletion without altering files accesses
    ... understand or can figure out special permissions. ... >> root folder of any default install of Windows XP pro. ... >>> accesses and prevent people from creating or deleting directories, ... >>> Is there any way of denying creation and deletion of folders while ...