Re: Security Updates

"George Schneider" <georgedschneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:DF0938C2-4750-427D-A5FD-9DBF46FC06E5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know the monthly security updates come out the second tuesday of each
month
and the next scheduled release is November 14th. Is there a way to
determine
what updates are going to be released or at least a listing of them prior
this date so I can submit them to our core application provider to make
sure
there are no issues with their applications.

No. The volume of patches to be released is announced the weekend
before patch Tuesday, but without specific details. Microsoft does
have a group outside firms that are involved in testing of patches over
the month(s) before release. Perhaps if your core application provider
is in the third-party software application industry, and particularly if
they have had issues with their applications being impacted by patches
previously and/or they have a partner relationship with Microsoft, then
they could be encouraged to explore the possibility of participation in
this patch testing.

  • Re: word document not available
    ... I am unable to open any word or excel documents. ... I have Microsoft ... Office 2002 and have not downloaded any patches. ... I can open the applications ...
  • Re: Security Updates
    ... The volume of patches to be released is announced the weekend ... before patch Tuesday, but without specific details. ... previously and/or they have a partner relationship with Microsoft, ... this patch testing. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • So Windows Update is a dog, now what?
    ... extension, that means that the soon-to-be-released Windows Update, ... How about someone getting serious about patch management over at ... In their explanation of the severity rating scheme, the Microsoft ... incredibly reliable mechanism for getting patches onto systems, ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • RE: Security and EOL issues (was RE: WMF Exploit Patch released)
    ... While I sympathies with those that feel that Microsoft is getting richer ... Compare AIX to Windows, ... software support for AIX Base Operating System 4.3.3. ... Every vendor releases new builds and patches, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: patch management policy/practice
    ... The real issue regarding patches and service packs and Microsoft is that it ... software, non-patched, and open to all levels of risk and destruction. ... > Remember that the goal of security is generally not to make your server ...