Re: Windows 2000 folder, files security setting did not propagate correctly?

As my understanding that whatever the security setting in the destination
folder is,
it will be propagating to the files within that folder, please correct me if
i am wrong!

In this case, whenever we copy files from a folder to another folder, the
security
setting of files still have the security setting of previous folder's
instead of destination folder's.

Let say we copy 2 files (of course, we use domain admin/root administrator
to perform the
test), there are chances that 1 of 2 files will be not getting the security
setting of destination
folder.

I do not really know why it does this, but anyone can have the hint, that
appreciate!!

J.H

"J.H" <jpthsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi there,

I have 2 folders, A and B, C on Windows 2000/SP3 Domain controller
We have strange problem that when we move files:

1. 2 files from C to A, one file got security propagation of folder A,
another still has from C's
2. 2 files from C to B, the same result as above
3. 2 files from A to C, B, the same result as above
4. 2 files from B to A, C, the same result as above
Conclusion: it is very clear that security propagation is not working
correctly in this case,
any one has hints to fix this problem?

Folder A permission setting:
RMA group, Sales Group = Read & Execute
Administrator/Domain Admin/Administrators = Full
User1 = Modify
System = Full

Folder B Permission setting:
RMA group, Accounting group = Read/Execute
RMA group, Sales Group = Read & Execute
Administrator/Domain Admin/Administrators = Full
User1 = Modify
System = Full

Folder C Permission Setting:
RMA, Accounting, Sales = read/execute
Administrator/Domain Admin/Administrators = Full
User1 = Modify
System = Full

  • Re: << Small Bus Server news of the week>>
    ... > will pick up the mail that is in the Incoming Mail folder. ... > A Chinese security group has released sample ... > Cyber law expert Pavan Duggal feels India's ... > A California blood bank has retrieved a stolen ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: << Small Bus Server news of the week>>
    ... > will pick up the mail that is in the Incoming Mail folder. ... > A Chinese security group has released sample ... > Cyber law expert Pavan Duggal feels India's ... > A California blood bank has retrieved a stolen ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: << Small Bus Server news of the week>>
    ... > will pick up the mail that is in the Incoming Mail folder. ... > A Chinese security group has released sample ... > Cyber law expert Pavan Duggal feels India's ... > A California blood bank has retrieved a stolen ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • << Small Bus Server news of the week>>
    ... The POP3 Connector service connects and logs on to the remote POP3 ... will pick up the mail that is in the Incoming Mail folder. ... A Chinese security group has released sample ... A California blood bank has retrieved a stolen ...