Re: Granting access to HKLM/Software/<application>

Okay, that's one of the two questions. <G>

How 'bout what types of entries I'm looking for that would signify an
attempt to access the remote registry?

"Miha Pihler [MVP]" <mihap-news@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Under Options you can find a Filter where you enter only name of your
application (e.g. application.exe) instead of *. Now Regmon will only show
registry access done by application.exe

You have to run regmon on a computer where application will be run.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

"MyndPhlyp" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hmm. Lots of Registry chatter.

Run it from the workstation or the server?

How do I determine when the workstation is attempting to access the
key? (RTFM didn't help.)

"Miha Pihler [MVP]" <mihap-news@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

You can download the tool called RegMon from

Once you have it running on your computer - run the application and it
show you what registries are getting called and if there are any access
denied on these registries... This should help you troubleshoot the

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Services for netware 5.03 SP2
    ... As I meantioned I was troubleshooting with regmon to see if the correct keys ... In short the MigrateDirOnly registry option does not work. ... Set this value to 1 to migrate only the directory structure ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ...
  • Re: Freizeichen
    ... Bezieht sich auf den Nutzen des Ergebnisses von Regmon (deswegen auch ... "Regmon is a Registry monitoring utility that will show you which ... Wenn ja habe ich Mist abgeladen weil ich das Tool untersch├Ątzte. ... die ├änderungen die das Abschalten des 'Wartens auf das ...
  • Re: Access denied. Program not recognizing administrator privileges.
    ... If the program is successful in creating the files it needs, I would run RegMon again, and watch for registry Writes, specifically, that fail. ... > user profile with administrator privileges apart from "Administrator" which ... If I was able to install the program, ...
  • Re: ts client software install
    ... I would download FileMon and RegMon from ... FileMon and RegMon will show you all "access denied" errors ... permissions on a file-to file or Registry subkey basis. ... > rights may not be complete. ...
  • Re: speaker volume icon in the icon tray
    ... Many Thanks, I tried to use the regmon, but it runs so fast that i got ... Include a line in the usrlogon script that changes the ... > user's registry so that the volume control is turned off. ... > a .cmd file that has the above command line. ...