Re: security update repeats "indefinitely"

karl levinson, mvp wrote:
"Martin Glodde" <glodde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4npqibFbao2uU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What's in a Name? wrote:

Martin

I was having the same issue as you. Install of Windows2000-KB922582-x86-ENU.EXE
fixed the problem (those other links were not correct)
max
This didn't help either.

Yes, but what happens when you install it? What's the word for word error message?

"done"
"You have successfully updated your computer" ----> Close
2 min later: "Updates are ready for your computer. Click here to install"

In other words: no error message and I get the message that the update was installed, but the update reminder pops ups indefinitely and wants to install it again.

Martin

  • Re: startx fails
    ... Subject: startx fails ... Have you looked in the paths shown in the error message? ... configure the netscape http server. ... install, or one on which people have done lots of patches? ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Help! NTVDM error
    ... > Or uncheck the first half of the startup items, reboot and see if you still ... If you don't get the error message, ... > [[You have used the System Configuration Utility to change the way Windows ... > spyware if installed with the sponsor program it offers to install. ...
  • Re: install SBS2003 Trial - Update, reboot = "Expired"
    ... I tarted install on 7/23 and after windowsupdate date was 5/23. ... I got the error message only after updating. ... did so and then after a reboot I got to a login screen - saw the To do list and I shutdown and rebooted twice - just to see if all was OK with that error message. ... Debugging Tools for Windows - Overview ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Cannot turn on automatic updates nor use windows update
    ... but got an error message "The application failed to initialize ... "nass" wrote: ... "Install the ActiveX control required to view the website. ... gives me an error message saying that "Windows cannot find 'scf'....". ...
  • Re: Office Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter does not inst
    ... Susan Ramlet ... I downloaded the exe file from Microsoft and> attempted to install it directly from the exe file. ... The first> letter following the are as in the error message. ... >> MVP - Office ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)