Re: Computers on the network

What would you like to do? Prevent them from getting IP addresses? Prevent
them from getting to your servers once on the network? Prevent them access
to the internet?

Some of these solutions are not cheap since they require additional hardware
etc. One of the easiest ways to prevent them from becoming part of the
network on their own computers is to not patch all network outlets. Patch
only the ones that are needed by company computers.

Next thing you can do is write a document that prohibits such behavior and
define consequences. Of course management would have to sign such a policy,
but it can be very powerful "tool".

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

"Harrison Midkiff" <HMidkiff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello:

I have an issue with users putting there personal computers on my network
and other devices. I know I can configure DHCP to issue addresses via
there MAC addresses but this is a lot to manage. Does anyone know of a
good way to manage this?

Harrison Midkiff

  • Re: Why not patch all windows and not just legal copies
    ... The systems would have only become modified to not patch key ... fail to help calm the storm then raging on the network - demons ... larger ecosystem that is Windows on the world network. ... windows the ability to patch their computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: C and Network
    ... identify the servers and computers in a local network, ... have the list of directories and files on C (for Windows) or in the ... typical network you'll need to know about "sockets". ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: C and Network
    ... identify the servers and computers in a local network, ... typical network you'll need to know about "sockets". ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: We are being blocked from various mail servers because of trojan
    ... In the past the owner didn't want to spend the money for network ... antivirus, so when Trend Micro expired last June he told me to just ... now i don't have any antivirus solution on the 2 servers (main ... and computers in the network and start from scratch. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: The Hard Problem for Behaviorists
    ... correct low level abstractions to define the operation of the brain with - ... Do you not know how computers work? ... you can think of this type of network like you ... when you drop a marble in hole X1, ...
    (sci.cognitive)