Re: Expanding on KB 244600?

That general type of documentation, what and where MSFT apps use something is generally unavailable. Personally I believe it is because no one really knows and it isn't all documented. I have asked for this on multiple occasions and always get the cold shoulder. Even for things as recent as Active Directory attributes, etc.

Author of O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition
www.joeware.net

---O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition now available---

http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

Will wrote:
Microsoft's KB article #244600 gives default file system permissions for
folders for member servers and domain controllers for Windows 2000. Has
anyone seen any article (or even third party web page or book) that expands
on that and actually talks about the reason for each of these settings,
which Microsoft programs will use those folders and how, etc.?

  • Add contacts programatically to Exchange Server 2003
    ... that shows how to add users to Active Directory, but have not been able to ... I am trying to add exchange contacts so I ... Outlook won't let me add exchange contacts on the server in this way, ... a contact, I can't find any documentation, so I've tried replacing "User" ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.development)
  • Documentation and adding users
    ... For Documentation I would recommend the Admin Guide and ... Then you manage all users in Active Directory. ... help file, or of some ...
  • Re: Create Documentation AD
    ... Cahya made a post then I commented below ... > documentation about Active Directory. ... There are many facets to Active Directory, ... Microsoft Windows MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services Security Is Like An Onion, ...
  • Re: What Developers Notes Utility Do You Use?
    ... > folders in a disciplined manner, what could possibly be the argument for ... document that many other projects need to reference. ... Both projects "reference" the Documentation folder but can't reference it in ... In a many-to-many like TheBrain, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • ADAM: Setup Application-Specific Directory
    ... Active Directory but needs some attributes of its own. ... So I installed ADAM on my machine with XP Prof. SP1, applied hotfix 817583, ... AD with ADSIEdit and then browse the AD with that connection, ... Could someone give me a direction or point me to some documentation? ...