Re: Expanding on KB 244600?

That general type of documentation, what and where MSFT apps use something is generally unavailable. Personally I believe it is because no one really knows and it isn't all documented. I have asked for this on multiple occasions and always get the cold shoulder. Even for things as recent as Active Directory attributes, etc.

Author of O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition
www.joeware.net

---O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition now available---

http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

Will wrote:
Microsoft's KB article #244600 gives default file system permissions for
folders for member servers and domain controllers for Windows 2000. Has
anyone seen any article (or even third party web page or book) that expands
on that and actually talks about the reason for each of these settings,
which Microsoft programs will use those folders and how, etc.?

.