Messenger Service?

Hello. Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this question as I'm
hoping to know more of a strange message that I recently noticed.

I noticed there is a strange pop up message that appeared on one of our W2K
Server this morning that says:

-Messenger Service
Message from [Some Fax machine name here?] to ADMINISTRATOR on 8/10/2006
11:47:40 PM
An outgoing fax is ready for previewing.
[OK]

I'm not familiar why this message came up since we haven't had any fax
machine's installed on this server but noticed there is a fax driver
installed that I don't believe I've seen before. I am praying that we
didn't get hacked into.

-J

  • CertSVC Reestablished
    ... I am getting a strange message on my 2k3 DC. ... The "Windows default" Policy Module logged the following warning: ... Active Directory connection to DC01 has been reestablished to DC01. ... This will happen between 1/2 to 4 times per day on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Messenger Service?
    ... and that will get delivered where that named account logs in. ... Check out docs on the Messenger and the Alerter services, ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Server: Security) ... hoping to know more of a strange message that I recently noticed. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Trying to install Apache AXIS on WAS 4 AE
    ... >>Can you post the exception that is in the logs. ... >>rather strange message since you are not likely requesting the .java ... > there are several errors complaining about things like ... > stopped other webapps from working on the same server. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • /var/log/syslog Message Question
    ... Just viewing systlog messages on our server (Woody with Linux ... version 2.4.26-1-k7-smp - Dual Athlon MP) and came across a strange message. ...
    (Debian-User)