Re: domain not available on clients object security
- From: "Miha Pihler [MVP]" <mihap-news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:38:56 +0200
It looks like Windows XP can't see DC.
If you check Application Event log do you see any Userenv events (Event ID:
How is DNS set up on this XP computer? Does it point to Active Directory DNS
or does it point to some other DNS server? If you try to resolve (nslookup)
or ping active directory server by name can it find (resolve) it?
If you enter \\ad.domain.com\netlogon where ad is name of your active
directory server and domain.com is name of your active directory server, do
you get access to netlogon share?
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security
"ali akbar" <aliakbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i have windows server 2000 active directory based network .clients include
windows xp and windows 2000.the problem is i want to add domain user on a
windows xp client computer object security.when i try to select the domain
object security,there is only local system available.domain is not listed
there.so i can't add domain user in local object security.
anybody help me.
- Prev by Date: Re: How to remove cached credentials in Windows 2003 Server
- Next by Date: Re: Editing and Modifying Local Security settings using VBscript
- Previous by thread: Re: How to remove cached credentials in Windows 2003 Server
- Next by thread: Re: Editing and Modifying Local Security settings using VBscript