delayed Reboots after security patch application

Hi,

I am currently working in an environment which doe snot have set
downtime windows. It makes patching quite difficult to schedule as a
result.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had successes or issues
with applying patches which require a reboot in the middle of the week,
and then simply rebooting the servers at the weekend.

We are running Oracle databases, and my only concern is that we apply
the patch and by not rebooting we have one version of a file running in
memory and another version present on disk. If anything were to happen
the system might get itself confused.

Has anyone got any advice on this.

TIA

Chris aka BoobBoo

  • Re: Closing Zapro and VSMON
    ... OOOPS Windows 2000. ... no one seems to have any solution other than rebooting. ... I was asking if anyone knew if I could schedule a shutdown ... > panel Add/Remove software utility. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: What is the opposite of nostalgia?
    ... dunno but patching and rebooting or just patching! ... Recently patched a bunch of NT4 workstations from SP2 to the latest ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Save dump
    ... > My computer is rebooting everyday at the same time: ... > Here is the error message I have got in the Event viewer: ... running on a schedule, or if it's happening when a program is scheduled to ... It's also possible this is due to bad memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows Media Player 10
    ... after double clicking my computer, then right clicking the C drive, then clicking properties, clicking tools and under clicking the check boxes. ... Rebooting the computer a message appears, the volume is locked and error checking cannot be run. ... It will give a message cannot lock the current drive. ... Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Rebooting Switches?
    ... How does everyone approach rebooting switches? ... schedule and unless they have problems, ... Should we be doing this on a regular basis? ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)