Re: Reading folder's s users and roles

If you mean permissions for access control lists for files/folders you can
use xcacls.vbs to view and manage permissions. The link below explains the
syntax and how to get it. Also use xcacls.vbs /? to see the built in help
screen. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825751 ---
xcacls.vbs

"Logger" <Logger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there a way to write a script that will read up a folders "User or
Group"
name and role/rights from the properties security section? This is from a
Windows 2000 Server system.

  • Re: Dos connection to SBS2K3 share
    ... so a domain admin user account does not let you in? ... And the syntax you are using appears incorrect ... to prove that it isn't a permissions problem. ... > Whatever password I type in, I get told that it is incorrect. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Inaccessible folders due to permissions
    ... Heres a screenshot of the problem: ... > permissions to this file/folder, ... > files/folders in my previous install of XP, ... > of formatting the data drive and starting over. ...
  • Re: Block Directory Paths, not IPs
    ... permissions and access control lists that are provided for in the operating ... permissions to access in the first place. ... > If you want a firewall that can do that, ... >> A remote server to which I initiate the connection should be able to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Take ownership using ADsSecurityUtility
    ... and grant your self access to the files/folders. ... take ownership of files/folders that I allready have permissions to. ... Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Sandboxing in Prolog
    ... This represents the permissions that ... Predicate property I have already mentioned. ... for other things than only ID tokens and access control lists. ...
    (comp.lang.prolog)