Re: how to specify passive mode for windows FTP command?

Yep, syntax for command prompt ftp.exe :
ftp> open ftp.site.com
ftp> quote pasv.

"Gary Flynn" <flynngn@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Daniel wrote:

how to specify passive mode for windows FTP command?

If you mean the ftp client, type

quote pasv

at the ftp command prompt.

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer

  • Re: Access to external FTP server
    ... > Since you can use WS_FTP to upload to and download from the previous FTP ... Open a command prompt window on your client computer. ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... > This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Mainframe to windows and windows to mainframe
    ... >MVS using the command prompt i dont find the the ... >submission from windows. ... >Below are the options i found when i do ftp from ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Is there an IIS expert in the house?
    ... I get the error 'An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP ... Make sure you have permission to access that folder'. ... The fact that I can upload files from the command prompt implies I do ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Cant log into any ftp server
    ... hooked up her computer to my internet, ... In Command Prompt, for instance, I enter (after ftp>): ... There isn't really a "recovery install" except from manufacturer's install ...
  • Re: Periodic programmatic dialout
    ... at a command prompt. ... I have a need to periodically dial out from a Windows 2000 server to ... Copying files, ftp, parsing files ... ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)