Re: Windows 2000AS missing 'gpupdate'

I guess it depends on what you mean by "push the policies onto the domain".
All machines pull the policies that they apply.
In W2k secedit used on a DC causes that DC to do what the switch options
have directed. On a member similarly for the member.

If you have altered a GPO and are not seeing it take effect, make sure that
what you are checking for the effect is indeed within the scope of the GPO's
management actions, that you are looking for user policy effects with a user
and computer policy effects on a computer, that you have allowed for both
DC to DC, site to site replication and the machine's refresh cycle.
If you did the standard stuff (above) correctly and are not seeing the GPO
change have effect, check replication and SYSVOL visibility from the client.
Check event logs.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server : Security)

"WhoC@nItbN0W" <WhoCnItbN0W@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi:

1. Our Windows 2000Adv Srv (PDC) seems to be missing the 'gpupdate' exe
provided with the other versions. The command "secedit /reefreshpolicy
machine_policy /enforce" has been unable to push the policies onto the
domain. Any ideas?

TIA

  • Windows 2000AS missing gpupdate
    ... The command "secedit /reefreshpolicy ... machine_policy /enforce" has been unable to push the policies onto the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Site VPN failed between Checkpoint AI R55 gateways
    ... In fact i can push the policies without any problem. ... >> We are configuring new firewall in our local and remote office. ... > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Site VPN failed between Checkpoint AI R55 gateways
    ... In fact i can push the policies without any problem. ... :>> We are configuring new firewall in our local and remote office. ... Information Technology - Baylor College of Medicine ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: gPO wont take effect
    ... Have you try running gpresult.. ... of the registry editor in User configuration>administrative ... Used secedit to apply this GPO secedit /refreshpolicy ... event viewer states that the policies are applied succesfully ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • group policy script does not run
    ... secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy ... These wil refresh the policies and give you information on ... it's only the logon script that does ... >script to the affected machine and ran it manually- this ...