RE: lost password

There is a Linux tool for recovering lost passwords including the
Adminiistrators. It can be found here at:
Good luck and let me know if you are successful or not.

Robt.
robtstra@xxxxxxxxx

"HELP!" wrote:

Is there a utility to reset the local administrator password on a Windows
2000 server? Or is there any other means of changing it? We know the
network administrator password but that does not work. Noone knows the local
administrator password so we can get into the Recovery Console to replace
some corrupted hive files. We currently have a blue screen od death. See MS
Q307545 for the error we are receiving on our exchange server. Any
information would help. Thanks.

  • Re: System Restore
    ... aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ... >> Best of Luck, ... >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ... >>>> username, and not the Administrator. ...
  • Re: IMailBox returning nothing
    ... the mailboxes. ... > logged in as Administrator, ... >> actual exchange server. ... >> it doesn't have the IMailboxStore interface. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.development)
  • Explorer.exe will not run
    ... Starts normally up to the indiviual account sign ins. ... account with administrator privledges. ... I tried my Home Edition password with no luck. ... am "up to date" and won't install it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Permission to add email address to user
    ... Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition ... System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server. ... The remote Exchange server does not have the local administrator identity. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Owner account changed to "Account Unknown"
    ... Are you able to logon as administrator in Safe mode? ... you can create a new user account and copy your old profile data into ... I tried signing in as the administrator, but no luck. ...