Re: Security Updates and RDP

yes terminal services is running
"Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uv1dfGVTGHA.5172@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is the service running (terminal services) ?

"gurvinder.nijjar" <gsnijjar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have just installed the latest security updates on my windows 2003
server. The server has installed exchange 2003. I have rebooted after
installing the updates but I can no longer remote desktop to the server
anymore. Everything else on the server is working fine. I was able to
remote desktop before I installed the updates.

I have checked and there is no windows firewall running on the server.
All other services are running fine.

I used the netstat command and cant fine the port 3389 listed as
listening, so I think this port has been closed.
What can i do to get RDP working or opening up this port.

  • Re: A2K on 2003 Server
    ... We installed the Office updates right after you suggested doing so. ... We just upgraded our NT server to 2003. ... Since installing on the new server, about every 4th or 5th time the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • RE: Cant connect in to server!
    ... Cant access remote web workplace from outside server, ... Installing RRAS returned OK ... > address 3389 on the command line and paste the results to the newsgroup. ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: After MS Updates, VPNs not working and getting RRAS error
    ... > I installed the latest MS updates on our SBS2003 server the other day. ... > remote access for the routing and remote access service. ... > Installing RRAS returned OK ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Cannot RDP to SBS 2003 Server
    ... OS updates and that we have not received a response because MS ... I recently found out that I cannot connect to the server from any ... "Remote Desktop Disconnected. ... You remote desktop connection has ended ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Disaster Restore SBS2003
    ... I am trying to restore Small Business Server 2003 that had all the latest ... I tried installing from the ... updates, not application updates or service packs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)