Re: problem with logon on a windows 2000 or XP client machine

Steven L Umbach wrote:
I forgot to add that also verify that the users show as members of the users
group on the computer as I have seen similar behavior if they somehow became
removed from it. --- Steve

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Did you change any permissions on these computers either locally or via
Group Policy - filesystem? It certainly sounds like a permission problem
of some sort. Take a look at the logs via Event Viewer to see if anything
is recorded that may be of help and verify that users have
read/list/execute permissions to the root folder for the system drive, the
documents and settings folder, and the \winnt or \windows folder. Also
make sure there are no deny permissions for any groups on those folders
that may also include the user. If that does not help what I would try on
one computer is to use secedit as described in the KB article below to
reset security settings to default defined levels and append the command
with areas /filestore so that only NTFS permissions are restored. ---
Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;313222