Re: How Do I Disable USB Storage Devices for one Group and Enable it for another?

The info in the first KB link below may help though I have not tried it
myself so I can not advise you further on trick and traps otherwise look
into third party solutions which may be well worth the money such as
Devicelock or Reflex Disknet at the other links below. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823732
http://www.reflex-magnetics.com/products/disknetpro/
http://www.protect-me.com/dl/

<d_mc_alister@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> I am an IT Technician for a Medium Company with upwards of 1000 PC's
> operating in a Win2k Domain. I have been asked to Set up a USB Policy
> whereby normal users are prevented from using USB devices on their PC's
> and also other selected users are permitted to install the devices in
> their PC's.
>
> I was hoping to do this by membership of certain Security Groups in our
> Active Directory where for example if you are a member of a Group
> called "USBAccess" you can use the device. If you are not a member of
> this group you would be denied access to USB Drives.
>
> I would also like to deny certain users access to the Registry key
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR so that
> users would not be able to change any values.
>
> Also this policy would not affect USB Keyboards and Mice.
>
> Hopefully someone can help

  • How Do I Disable USB Storage Devices for one Group and Enable it for another?
    ... I have been asked to Set up a USB Policy ... Active Directory where for example if you are a member of a Group ... this group you would be denied access to USB Drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: USB not working in VirtualBox F13
    ... OSE doesn't support USB ... however I am not using the OSE version. ... This should give you the information needed to get USB support working ... He already said he is a member of vboxusers. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: access USB devices from VirtualBox
    ... Agile Aspect wrote: ... And then create a group 'usb' with a group id of 503. ... be a member of it to run VirtualBox? ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines ...
    (Fedora)