Re: Find security group usage

There are free and not free tools. Dumpsec from Somarsoft, and SharEnum from
SysInternals are free while a not free program to look at would be Languard.
These tools however most likely will not show group nesting so if you have a
global group in a local group with permissions to a share you are going to
have to investigate that further. --- Steve

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ShareEnum.html --- ShareEnum
http://www.somarsoft.com/ --- Dumpsec
http://www.gfi.com/languard/ --- Languard which may have time limited free
trial version

<christopher.b.moore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I'm trying to determine if a particular global security group is being
> used for access control anywhere on my network. Is there a tool or
> search method that can scan shares or data for security permissions and
> report where that particular group has access? My network is Windows
> 2003 native domain with 2000 and 2003 version member servers.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris

  • RE: Windows Network Audit Tool Question
    ... or GFI's Languard Network Scanner. ... Both are open source/freeware and run under Windows (MSBA requires Windows ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: LANguard scan results
    ... It is my experienced that LANguard is over rated. ... would do is bring a laptop in the network and run LANguard. ... >Subject: Win95 detection ... Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Scanning non Company Computers for network access
    ... Languard would be a good start and I believe you can try it for free. ... Symantec Network Access Control ... am looking for a single scanning solution to scan non company laptops for ... I would like to find a single scanning tool to run or a way we can protect ...
  • Re: Display Domains Shares
    ... You can use various programs such as the free ShareEnum from SysInternals or ... the not fee Languard to scan the network for network ... shares and much more in the case of Languard. ... I don't have a good answer for your profile question and roaming profiles ...
  • Re: Logon Failure: The used has not been granted the requested lo
    ... I will try dumpsec and NTRights and see how far I get. ... > this computer from the network. ... Unlike XP Pro you can not use Local ...