Re: How to allow File modify, but not delete?

You can but then you no longer have modify permissions if that is what he
really wants, otherwise he would want to give the users only
read/list/execute/write for files. Unfortunately some applications like
Office require that the user have modify permissions to edit the file
because Office creates a new file and deletes the original file when the
user saves it. After re reading his question he could at least use special
permissions to at least prevent users from deleting subfolders they do not
own by making sure they have only read/list/execute/write permissions for
"subfolders only" in special permissions. Confusing stuff.--- Steve

.