Re: Block or Deny a certain IP address

This is going back many years, but if I recall, the socks
settings only dealt with custom client softwares while the
"internet" (aka http) access was controlled otherwise.

Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server : Security)
MCDBA, MCSE W2k3+W2k+Nt4
"emslan" <emslan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi to All,
> I am having troubles in blocking a certain IP address to access my proxy
> 2.0
> socks installed in Windows 2000 AD Sever is there any other method to
> manually block a certain IP address in LAN to access my Windows 2000 proxy
> server. I block the IP address in Socks but still that IP address can
> access
> the Internet.
> Please help
> Thanks,
> Emslan

Relevant Pages

  • =?iso-8859-15?Q?Re:_Verbindung_=FCber_einen_Proxyserver_programmieren?=
    ... Ich habe nun schon eine ganze Weile Google bemüht und habe gelernt, dass ich wohl socks verwenden und z.B. connect austauschen muss gegen eine "socksifizierte" Version. ... Eine nachträgliche "Socksifizierung" ist kaum praktikabel, das neue Programm soll von sich aus optional mit einem Proxy umgehen können! ... Lazarus und free pascal gibt es für Linux, Windows und mehr. ...
  • Re: Comments from a lurker.
    ... still in shirtsleeves yesterday but last night was the first time that ... I've had to close the windows against the cool air. ... I had to put socks on this morning. ...
  • Re: Is SOCKS a thing of the past?
    ... >> He means SOCKS as in SOCKS 4/5, not Sockets or Winsock. ... SOCKS isn't limited to windows. ... Winsock is a Windows API for TCP sockets. ...
  • Re: An Inquiry about Socks5
    ... Have you tried Hummingbird Socks or Aventail's SOCKS client? ... Any request to external address gets directed through the proxy server. ... > containing HTML links, and so it connects to the internet using your ... >> I believe OE uses the proxy information defined in Internet Explorer. ...
  • Re: Help on: Stop deleting a Short Cut
    ... then Windows XP isn't very good. ... >> checking for "AV and Windows updates" is: I Run The Empty Temp Folders ... I manually delete temp files once in a while and also never have ... >> Remove my socks for email address ...