Re: Block or Deny a certain IP address

There is a newsgroup called Microsoft.public.proxy where you may want to
post your question as you may find someone there that is familial with Proxy
2.0. Another possibility is to use an ipsec filtering policy that can be
created via Local Security Policy. The link below gives some basics on how
to configure an ipsec filtering policy. I suggest configuring ipsec only if
you have physical access to logon to a computer as it is fairly easy to lock
yourself out from network access after assigning an ipsec policy if it is
not correctly configured. --- Steve

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1559

"emslan" <emslan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi to All,
>
> I am having troubles in blocking a certain IP address to access my proxy
> 2.0
> socks installed in Windows 2000 AD Sever is there any other method to
> manually block a certain IP address in LAN to access my Windows 2000 proxy
> server. I block the IP address in Socks but still that IP address can
> access
> the Internet.
>
> Please help
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emslan

  • Re: Cant see Fttp sites
    ... Unless you need a Proxy, ... You don't mention the version of Windows you are using, but, try the ... I have tried disabling the firewalls. ... Disable the option for firewall and virus scan to start with windows, ...
  • Re: Using Google to read RMMGA
    ... > laptop where I just occasionally switches over to Windows ... > what gets through to your browser is the 'privoxy' junk filtering proxy ... > (http://www.privoxy.org is the web site I believe). ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: cannot update due to error: 0xC80003FB
    ... Either the proxy server or target server name can not be resolved. ... Under " On This Page ", click the 'How to download and install the update package that includes BITS 2.0 and WinHTTP 5.1 for Windows 2000' ... "dannz53" wrote: ... Download and SAVE Download and save what?? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: cannot update due to error: 0xC80003FB
    ... when you try to use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update ... Remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP ... "dannz53" wrote: ... Download and SAVE Download and save what?? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Streaming video does not work
    ... This is my home computer and I do not have a web proxy in place. ... WMP Help did say something about Windows Firewall blocking UDP ... Opens a graphic in the Media Player window. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)