Re: NTFS Permissions questions...

There really isn't an NTFS Permissions for dummies or more accurately Access Control Model for dummies as the same model is used for securing all Windows kernel securable objects. However, the MSDN docs on the subject start here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secauthz/security/access_control_lists.asp

www.joeware.net

Mike Burns MCP wrote:
Hi all,

I'm currently working on my MCSA (2k3) I'm having some trouble understanding the NTFS permissions. Could someone point me towards a resourse that really breaks it down, something like "NTFS Permissions for Dummies" Although there is no such book in the Dummies Series. LOL I'm about halfway through the 290 material now.

Thanks much for your time!

:-)
.