Configure .exe to always runas certain user in Windows??

ricolee99_at_hotmail.com
Date: 11/15/05

Date: 15 Nov 2005 14:36:49 -0800

Hi There,

There is an application, 'A' that runs as a service, which starts up my
application, 'B'. Application A also invokes other applications in our
company. I would like application B to run as a certain user. The
problem is that 'A' only takes in the path to application 'B' as input
for invoking (input: "c:\Location_of_App_B"). That means when 'A'
executes my application, it cannot run with the command line option,
'runas'.

Is there a way to configure my application in Windows such that
whenever it's executed, it always runs under a certain user account?

Thanks so much in advance!

~Sharon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is everything object ?
    ... Having method objects makes powerful debuggers rather easier to construct, at least if one wants to stay consistently within a message passing 0-0 paradigm... ... invokes the method. ... you do not tell the interpreter to return the ... The object checks to see whether it can and, if so, executes the ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: system does not finish booting but hangs - partly
    ... I created a new user profile which starts the same applications, and here I have no problem. ... "Margo Guda" wrote in message ... I can in fact access most of my stuff from a new user account I made. ... I think windowblinds is causing the trouble, and preventing other startup apps from running, but I don't get access to where windowblinds is loaded. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Open With.. functionality doesnt fully work
    ... the regvalue I posted is from a machine that doesn't work. ... Under Applications I do not see a 555.exe key ... here's Applications perms in the registry: ... only for the user account, which has no special permissions other than ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Dont want other users to have access to my programs...
    ... There is not simple solution to this, especially if you have XP Home Edition ... understand that most applications weren't designed with a multi-user ... accounts while others may only be available in the user account in which it ... Second, if you have XP Pro, you might be able to use the Group Policy Editor ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Domain users cannot run programs
    ... >>applications on Windows 2000 workstations. ... Because of the higher security in Windows 2000, you may not be able to ... Windows does not let a standard user or guest account run ... you use a Power User account or an account with higher privileges. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)