Re: Re: Password Issue - Windows 2000 Pro

From: njseeker (UseLinkToEmail_at_www.windowsforumz.com)
Date: 10/28/05

Date: 28 Oct 2005 13:36:06 -0400

"" wrote:
> njseeker wrote:
> > I bought a couple of Dell Inspiron 7000 laptops from a
> company that
> > went out of biz. Running 2000 Pro. I am locked out of
> accessing
> > Windows since I don't have the password. [...]
>

> Wipe the disk and reinstall Windows. If you didn't get the
> Win2000
> install CDs, you got ripped off. If you still can, go back and
> ask for
> them. If you can't get the CDs, google on "windows 2000
> password
> changer" and "PWD_CHNG.exe" and
> "PwdChangerBootableFloppyDEMO.exe". One
> of those will get you a program that will allow you to reset
> the password.
>
> However, you will still be without the W2K install CDs, and
> since the
> odds are that sooner or later you will need them. So without
> them you're
> snookered.
>
> I'm surprised they sold you the laptops without blanking the
> disk first,
> actually.
>
> HTH

Thanks for your response. Guess that goes to show - you get what you
payfor. Defunct company so they probably didn’t care what was left
behind. I appreciate your help -

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Password-Issue-Windows-2000-Pro-ftopict436124.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd).  Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1468853

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Re: XP Wont Run QuickRestore
    ... Don't run it in Windows. ... > disk that's ... accounting software program (DacEasy). ... Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. ...
  • Re: HELP!! Need to create a boot CD....
    ... I would download Ultimate Boot Disk and use that to boot your computer. ... > called "ERASER" and wipe the hard drive. ... > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Error loading explorer.exe SHLWAPI.dll
    ... Try extracting the shlwapi.dll file from her Win98 install disk and placing ... Once you have the startup disk, copy the dll from the running computer to ... Hit the Enter key ... You must reinstall Windows ...
  • Re: help with reinstalling wndows
    ... I was told I would have to reinstall Windows, and that all I had to do was put disk one in and follow the prompts. ... with a Morse code series of beeps. ... Does the beeps happen after the boot-up of the computer without trying to enter into any program? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Best way to set up network ID from mirrored PC..
    ... We (at a school network) need to reinstall windows on a number of computers ... the entire disk to every other computer of the same model. ... computername in the original computer before mirroring its disk image. ...