Re: Missing Group for local admin group

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 10/19/05

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:46:44 -0700

So, if you have examined all GPOs, and none have any Restricted
Group definitions, then I have to ask about the history of this install.
Did you inherit this domain that was built by another ?
Are there any scheduled tasks on the machines where the SQL
group is disappearing ?

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server : Security)
"Sonny" <nsunny66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What Group Policy Object are you looking at?
> Looking at the group policy at the domain level. There are no group
> policy for the OU.
>
> any GPO that includes Administrators in a Restricted Group setting?
> There are no groups in the restricted groups.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WSUS group policy inheritance on DC OU
    ... GPOs are applied in a "last write wins" fashion, ... and attempted to install it during the evening. ... When we review the automatic download settings on the domain ... The question is if we edit the group policy for the domain controllers OU ...
  • Re: Gpresult displays configcting info
    ... > I've linked a software package GPO to an OU on a Windows 2000 server. ... > install and it says it was applied successfully, however, the package is ... > The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out ... Local Group Policy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy Delegation of Control
    ... infrastructure, servers, licenses. ... Regarding growth in GPOs: why not to Monitor the growth of GPOs ... downloading the GPO contents and Domain Controllers ... What about utilizing Group Policy for Software Installations, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: WIndows Server 2003 SP2 does not respond to ctrl-alt-delete
    ... |> configuring User Group Policy loopback processing mode policy in the ... If User Group Policy loopback processing mode is enabled, then, ... the list of GPOs for the computer is gathered. ...