Re: Indexing Service and EFS...

From: Brian Komar [MVP] (bkomar_at_nospam.identit.ca)
Date: 10/14/05

Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:36:08 -0500

In article <434e635a@usenet01.boi.hp.com>, marc.ochsenmeier@hp.com
says...
> Hi,
>
> I am using EFS for a while on my system and external disk. These last weeks
> I spent a lot of time investigating the Indexing Service....
>
> What I feared took place: the Indexing Service cannot handle encrypted file
> (which is "good" since the system account does not have my private key...).
> I saw that running the Indexing Service under another profile does not work
> correctly...Is there a way to resolve this?
>
> Is there a way to use both EFS and Indexing Service ?
>
> Best regards,
> Marc Ochsenmeier www.ochsenmeier.de

No.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: indexing and encrypted folders
    ... I doubt that would meet the bar for a service pack fix, ... I let the current EFS team know about the problem. ... "Chris Erskine" wrote in message ... > Indexing Service, all went back to normal again. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Indexing Service and EFS...
    ... What about Vista? ... Can you confirm that "Indexing Service" won't exist in Vista anymore? ... >> I am using EFS for a while on my system and external disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Indexing Service and EFS...
    ... I am using EFS for a while on my system and external disk. ... I spent a lot of time investigating the Indexing Service.... ... the Indexing Service cannot handle encrypted file ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)