Indexing Service and EFS...

From: marc ochsenmeier (marc.ochsenmeier_at_hp.com)
Date: 10/13/05

Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:38:32 +0200

Hi,

I am using EFS for a while on my system and external disk. These last weeks
I spent a lot of time investigating the Indexing Service....

What I feared took place: the Indexing Service cannot handle encrypted file
(which is "good" since the system account does not have my private key...).
I saw that running the Indexing Service under another profile does not work
correctly...Is there a way to resolve this?

Is there a way to use both EFS and Indexing Service ?

Best regards,
Marc Ochsenmeier www.ochsenmeier.de

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Indexing Search stopped working
    ... With Indexing Service/Change Indexing Service, ... I also checked to make sure that XLS file types already have a ... PersistentHandler. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Slow Catalog Build
    ... In addition to the steps above, several registry keys can be used to ... control resources dedicated to indexing. ... Indexing Service behaves and how it responds to system resource requests by ... By default in Windows 2000 one filter ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.indexserver)
  • ifilters (Adobe, etc.)
    ... highlight Indexing Service under Services and Applications. ... highlight Indexing Service under Services and Applications. ... Uninstall any previous version of PDF iFilter. ... Add PDF as a file type to be included in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Disabled Indexing Service starts when OE starts
    ... Do you see any problem with simply removing Windows Search 4.0 via Control ... Panel, Add/Remove? ... I don't really need the Indexing Service. ... Properties> Uncheck box for Allow Indexing Service to index this disk ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Disabled Indexing Service starts when OE starts
    ... You'll need to disable the indexing of OE data from within Windows Search's options, ... Windows Search is not running; to start click Start Menu; point to All ... Properties> Uncheck box for Allow Indexing Service to index this disk ... Now, when I start Windows, and open Task Manager, I see the process ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)