Re: Can encryrpted packets be cracked by middle man?

From: Paul Kelly (junk_at_example.com)
Date: 10/06/05

Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:09:18 GMT

At work we use two-factor authentication using RSA SecureID "keyfobs" in
conjunction with Citrix Metaframe for remote access. They have a PIN number
that changes every 60 seconds so you can log all they keystrokes you like,
the last 6 will only ever be valid for a maximum of 60 seconds, often much
less.

They can be used in other solutions as well, such as directly managing
Windows login credentials.

More info at http://www.rsasecurity.com

Paul

>> If we work on the premise that they want a solution that allows staff
>> remote access, but gives reasonable protection, then what would be the
>> best approach?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alan.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote access answer machine default on with 0000 pin
    ... This certainly worked on my T-Mobile phone, ... In the case of the Diverse 7150 (an other such landline answerphones with remote access) the remote CLID is unimportant and the only thing that matters is the PIN. ... I have investigated the Gigaset mode of operation. ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Remote access answer machine default on with 0000 pin
    ... There's no excuse for device manufacturers to have remote access enabled out of the box with a ... Most recent devices will not allow remote access to function until the PIN is changed away from 0000, that should always have been the case. ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Phone Hacking
    ... default password is akin to someone having their pin number in their ... to remote access to voicemail seems to point to a non-existent page. ... The phone companies really ought to have made it an opt-in service ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Remote access answer machine default on with 0000 pin
    ... There's no excuse for device manufacturers to have remote access enabled out of the box with a ... Most recent devices will not allow remote access to function until the PIN is changed away from 0000, that should always have been the case. ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Can encryrpted packets be cracked by middle man?
    ... > conjunction with Citrix Metaframe for remote access. ... They have a PIN ... > number that changes every 60 seconds so you can log all they keystrokes ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)