Can a group decrypt EFS

From: MSnews (craig_at_nospam.net)
Date: 10/06/05

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:23:48 -0500

We have a customer folder that needs encryption, so we setup EFS encryption
thru Win2003 server. According to what I have read so far, only the user
who created the encrypted folder/file can decrypt it. Is there a method to
allow a group to decrypt/read an encrypted folder/file under this
environment. If any changes to this need be made or any advice, please do
forward

thanks
CR

--
http://QLiner.com
Motivate them train them care about them and make winners out of them we

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Free Wi-Fi Hotspot?
    ... Only if encryption was turned on. ... Another alternative is to install a managed hotspot provided by one of the major ... The advantage is that WiFi customers do not have access to the internet through ... The WiFi service provider assumes all of the liability for abuse, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Free Wi-Fi Hotspot?
    ... require a username/password logon for authentication. ... Only if encryption was turned on. ... That may not be true if using 802.1 authentication. ... The advantage is that WiFi customers do not have access to the ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: TCPIP SSL Encryption Strength
    ... encryption but your customers may not be able to support it. ... If you are not the named addressee you ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Can RSA 768-bit be cracked in a day?
    ... a 768-bit RSA key. ... malicious customers (the RIAA and MPAA consider all customers to ... with other layers of encryption that are bijective to long ... safety of course they are not public key but you could pick ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Encrypting an RS-232 stream
    ... One of our customers has security concerns as the ... some third party solution that plugs into the serial stream ... A lot depends on the strength of encryption required. ... generator should do. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)