Domain EFS Recovery Agent

From: Charles Blair (charles_blair_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/21/05

    Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:41:28 -0700

    I have the unfortunate priveledge to be placed in a situation where the
    first DC within a domain has been removed before the EFS recovery agent
    certificate was exported.

    There are no backups of the original DC.

    Fortunately, EFS was not used in the domain, so there is not data loss, but
    I do want to get the domain EFS recovery agent working again.

    The only lead I have found is in the following link and I just want to
    validate if the procedure will work in a Windows 2003 domain.

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win2000.security/browse_thre
    ad/thread/3b0de0ea8c694253/bc975e764e0fbc04?lnk=st&q=Reinitialize+the+EDRP&r
    num=1&hl=en#bc975e764e0fbc04

    TIA

    Charles