Password Expiration Not Working...

From: mene (mene_at_nope.net)
Date: 09/14/05

    Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:37:45 -0400

    I have only one group policy (Default Domain Policy). I access this by
    selecting the properties of my domain in Active Directory. The password
    expiration has been set to 90 days and the "apply policy" attribute is
    enabled. I applied this to myself specficially and I applied it to Domain
    Users. Other aspects of this policy are enforced (screen saver timeout, etc)
    except the account policies. Does anyone have any insight as to why my
    passwords are not expiring? I have waited as long as an entire day after
    applying the policy and restarted many times. I am at a loss here. I even
    resorted to looking for anything, anywhere that has a password expiration
    setting (like Domain / Controller Policiy in administrative tools) and set
    those as well to 90 days as well..

    Thank you,
    mene

    • Re: Re: Turn off "prompt user to change password"
      ... Alter when Windows NT displays the Password expiration warining. ... in the default domain policy. ... I'm wanting to turn off the setting that prompts users to change their ... Windows Server MVP ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
    • Re: Domain password expiration reset
      ... Basically setting the policy sets an attribute on the domain NC Head object ... chop it down by a few more days and slowly expire everyone and get them reset. ... >>So if you have someone with a password age of 80 days and you set a policy of 90 ... how do you reset the password expiration ...
    • Re: Changes to Password Policy did not update?
      ... Did you created a new domain policy or edit the Default Domain Policy? ... you need to create or change a Password policy at the ... > Hi - we have a root and 2 child domains. ... The policy increased the expiration> date ...
    • Re: Domain Password Policy Question
      ... I beleive this depends on the group policy refresh interval which is by ... rules and extending the expiration to one year. ... We currently have the require complex passwords enabled along with the ... number of characters we be 15 characters without complexity. ...
    • Re: Advise to password policy
      ... The policy that governs password aging is applied all or none to all ... Another thing one can do is to use a staged expiration. ... I had a total 200 over user accounts with most of them over the 90 days ... Perhaps using the AD user account "password never expire" field or GPO ...
      (microsoft.public.security)