File Persmissions - Restrict Folder Deletion Only (not files)

From: David (d.raffelt_at_student.qut.edu.au)
Date: 08/15/05

Date: 14 Aug 2005 23:15:43 -0700

Hi all,
I have a network at work where I would like to prevent everybody except
the Administrator from deleting folders from the FileServer.

I would like to allow access for everyone to delete individual files
within these folders but not the folders themselves.

This is to prevent somebody from accidently deleting a whole folder
with all the files within it.

I have tried to use the advanced file permissions settings but can not
see an easy way to do it.

Thanks in advance!!
David

Relevant Pages

  • RE: PROBLEM DELETING FOLDERS IN EXPLORER
    ... make deleting folders easier... ... click the first subfolder in the main folder ... hold down shift then click the last subfolder in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: PROBLEM DELETING FOLDERS IN EXPLORER
    ... click the first subfolder in the main folder ... hold down shift then click the last subfolder in the ... >> I am having problems deleting folders in XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: File Persmissions - Restrict Folder Deletion Only (not files)
    ... > the Administrator from deleting folders from the FileServer. ... > I have tried to use the advanced file permissions settings but can not ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Cant open folders
    ... Do you know how dangerous to post asking people about Deleting Folders ... WITHOUT giving any indication of the names of the folders? ... Someone may just show/tell you without knowing that by deleting that folder, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Password/Confirmation to delete Network Folders/Files?
    ... To many people are accidentally deleting files and its becoming a ... Configuring Permissions to not let anyone ... You would pretty much do that with permission on the folders. ... Depending on how people are deleting folders? ...