Re: Share permission ACL's

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 07/19/05

    Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:01:14 -0500

    I don't know exactly where they are stored offhand but I don't know why you
    would expect the write time to change as either the user would have the
    ability to write to the share or not. If your permissions do not seem to
    work well then check the membership of the user account that you are using
    because a user will end up having the most permissive permission to a share
    based on his group membership unless one group/user has deny permission
    which will cause a deny for the share. To prevent a user to write to a share
    just give him "read" permission for the share or make sure he does not have
    write ntfs permission to the folder via group membership or explicit user
    account permissions. If you are changing a users group membership then be
    sure to log user off and logon again to update his access token with new
    group membership before testing access to a share.

    "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I know that NTFS DACL's are "stored" as part of the folder or file, but
    >where
    > are the share ACL's for a folder stored? I changed the share ACL's on a
    > folder, but the folder's write time did not seem to change, so where are
    > the
    > permissions kept??

    • Re: retrieve group user membership when offline
      ... You can use a registry entry (for persistence), a file, ... Groups) you just attempt to open the object with the required permission ... I can retrieve the group membership. ...
    • Re: retrieve group user membership when offline
      ... You can use a registry entry (for persistence), a file, ... Groups) you just attempt to open the object with the required permission ... I can retrieve the group membership. ...
    • Re: retrieve group user membership when offline
      ... You can use a registry entry (for persistence), a file, ... Groups) you just attempt to open the object with the required permission ... I can retrieve the group membership. ...
    • Re: retrieve group user membership when offline
      ... Groups) you just attempt to open the object with the required permission ... The application can ran offline or online.. ... I can retrieve the group membership. ... the user profile? ...
    • Re: Network shares cannot connect
      ... Changed value to 0 just waiting to re-boot the server and test logins. ... Workstation Name: - ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)