Re: Password Management Issue

From: The Poster (nospam_at_nospam_dontyoudare.net)
Date: 07/11/05

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:05:34 +0100

Hi Roger,

"manage passwords" as in save the user the hassle of remembering multiple
user/password combinations that they would use for accessing the different
systems on our network.

Apologies for the previous ambiguous post.

Steve.

> Hey Steve,
>
> I am wonder what it is that you mean by "manage passwords".
> as that can mean different things to different people/needs.
>
> --
> Roger Abell
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
>
> "The Poster" <nospam@nospam_dontyoudare.net> wrote in message
> > G/Day forum,
> >
> > I'm looking for a password management utility for all Tech Support
staff.
> > This utility would have to manage passwords for accessing the following
> > device types:
> >
> > - Windows 2000 Domain Resources (Active Directory Based)
> > - Windows 2003 Web Servers
> > - Multiple DMZ Locations (different subnets/standalone Windows based
> > systems)
> > - Cisco IOS based Routers/Switches
> > - Cisco PIX firewalls (ssh access)
> > - Cisco VPN Concentrators (https/ssh access)
> >
> > Any ideas on what I could use?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steve.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Password Management Issue
    ... Apologies for the previous ambiguous post. ... > Hey Steve, ... >> I'm looking for a password management utility for all Tech Support ... >> This utility would have to manage passwords for accessing the following ...
  • Re: Password Management Issue
    ... Apologies for the previous ambiguous post. ... > Hey Steve, ... >> I'm looking for a password management utility for all Tech Support ... >> This utility would have to manage passwords for accessing the following ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: [SLE] Passwords limited to 8 characters?
    ... Hemond, Steve wrote: ... I am limited to 8 characters for passwords. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Strange system log error
    ... --- Steve ... > due to a resource error, such as a hard disk write ... > passwords are provided so please consider resetting the ... > The message states that the specific error is in the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: User accounts transfer between servers
    ... Hi Samuel. ... > Thanks Steve, the tool is good but can't migrate passwords... ... >> Look into user addusers utility. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)