Re: Query Process permissions

From: Rob S (robatworkDeleteTheseFourWords_at_mail.com.INVALID)
Date: 06/30/05

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:23:42 +0100

Thanks for the tip - tried to no avail though unfortunately..

-Rob

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:37:43 -0500, "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net>
wrote:

-I don't know if this will fix the problem or not but try adding the
-user/group you want to view the process information to the user right for
-"profile single process". More details are given in the link below on that
-user right. --- Steve
-
-http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/550.asp
-
-"Rob S" <robatworkDeleteTheseFourWords@mail.com.INVALID> wrote in message
-news:42c35b0b.79191531@giganews.nildram.co.uk...
-> Hi,
->
-> I've been looking at this problem all afternoon and I'm vexed - would
-> appreciate some advice. I am running a terminal server (2003) which
-> runs several instances of the same program - let's call it
-> proggie.exe.
->
-> I'm writing a simple script that a user can run to show them how many
-> proggie.exe's are running, and who is running them. I've been through
-> pslist, pmon and a few others and have settled on QUERY PROCESS * (or
-> QPROCESS *) which seems to do exactly what I want. But only as
-> Administrator. As Admin I get an output like this:
-> nag2 rdp-tcp#12 3 1052 proggie.exe
-> super rdp-tcp#16 4 344 proggie.exe
-> super rdp-tcp#16 4 2472 proggie.exe
->
-> As super (the user who is running the script) it comes out like this:
-> (unknown) rdp-tcp#12 3 1052 proggie.exe
-> super rdp-tcp#16 4 344 proggie.exe
-> super rdp-tcp#16 4 2472 proggie.exe
->
-> ie. anyone who isn't super isn't identified.
->
-> Any ideas how I can give super enough rights to enable this function?
->
-> I've tried adding super to query.exe to no avail.
->
-> many thanks
-> -Rob
-> robatwork at mail dot com
-

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Query Process permissions
    ... user/group you want to view the process information to the user right for ... > I'm writing a simple script that a user can run to show them how many ... > ie. anyone who isn't super isn't identified. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Query Process security level
    ... appreciate some advice. ... I am running a terminal server which ... I'm writing a simple script that a user can run to show them how many ... As super it comes out like this: ...
  • QUERY PROCESS & Permissions
    ... appreciate some advice. ... I am running a terminal server which ... I'm writing a simple script that a user can run to show them how many ... As super it comes out like this: ...
  • Query Process not showing users when not Admin
    ... Firstly apologies if you've read this in similar newsgroups - I've got nowhere ... with it and perhaps someone in here won't have seen my query before... ... I'm writing a simple script that a user can run to show them how many ... As super it comes out like this: ...
  • Query Process permissions