WSUS and SelfUpdate

From: RobG (RobG_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/24/05

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:29:04 -0700

I have installed WSUS on my old SUS server (Windows Server 2003). In the
admin console for WSUS, I get the following error:
One or more Update Service components could not be contacted. Check your
server status and ensure that the Windows Server Update Service is running.
Non-running services: SelfUpdate
There is no SelfUpdate Service in the Services section of CompMgmt. In IIS,
I see the SelfUpdate site, but when I browse it I get a permision denied,
although I am a local admin as well as a Domain Admin.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Changed password now - Dcom error
    ... Looks like a service using DCOM is started in the context of the admin ... Author of "Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services", ... Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Terminal Server ... > I did some looking and it said to add the "log onto batch" to the GPO .. ...
  • Re: What kinds of right I need to gain to the local system adminis
    ... >escalate their permissions to enterprise admin if they so desire. ... >Even in the next rev of Windows Server currently codenamed Longhorn Server ... >the same limitation applies though you can set up a special>type of DC ... >to have admin rights of the machine. ...
  • Re: SystemState W2008
    ... Schau dir mal dieses Video an, die Stunde Zeit lohnt sich zum Thema Backup. ... Active Directory Backup and Recovery in Windows Server 2008 - {Was Sie ... Administrator". ... UAC wieder zur verfügung zu stellen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
  • Re: ASP.NET Community Starter on IIS6...login problems
    ... Are you using Internet Explorer on the Windows Server 2003 machine? ... > If I have the Community Starter Kit loaded on my workstation. ... > When I login as Admin and Admin, I get the Admin menu item to appear in ... > because "Login" changes to "Logoff". ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: What kinds of right I need to gain to the local system adminis
    ... Even in the next rev of Windows Server currently codenamed Longhorn Server the same limitation applies though you can set up a special type of DC called a Read Only DC that you can deploy to a site and allow a local admin to have admin rights of the machine. ... If the DCs are in the same domain, there is currently no way to provide administrator access to a DC without providing Domain Admins privilege. ... We like to gain the control to each branch office system administrator to manage their own branch office DC like restart the IIS service etc. ...