Re: wired 802.1x security in windows 2000

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 06/23/05

    Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:09:17 -0500

    Check the Windows 2000 computers and make sure that the wireless
    configuration service is started as I believe it is not by default. ---
    Steve

    "CPfint_IT" <CPfintIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've set up a port based network access control for our company via
    > Radius.
    > The solution works fine for WinXP supplicants where I can configure 802.1X
    > settings easily in the Authentication tab.
    >
    > I have a big problem for our Windows 2000 machines. They do not have the
    > Authentication tab in the network adapter's properties and installing the
    > patch (Q313664) fails. It says that I have already SP4 and that the patch
    > is
    > only for SP3.
    > Installing another 802.1X client (SecureW2) does not work either.
    >
    > Is 802.1X not supported by Windows 2000 for wired network cards?
    >

    > Regards,
    > Pete
    > --
    > It admin

    • Re: Work URL Exception
      ... If your device is a Smartphone or Pocket PC Phone Edition (or any Windows ... If you search the SDK documentation for "CM_Mappings Configuration Service ... Is there a way to add a work url exception programmatically? ... > This doesn't appear to be a registry entry since I saved off the reg ...
    • Re: OT: Laptop reviews
      ... wireless PCMCIA card. ... Also, if you've already done all that, make sure the Zero ... Configuration Service is running. ... It wouldn't boot whatever windows it had so Allen put linux on it. ...
      (rec.motorcycles.dirt)
    • Re: OT: Laptop reviews
      ... doesn't support it? ... Also, if you've already done all that, make sure the Zero ... Configuration Service is running. ... It wouldn't boot whatever windows it had so Allen put linux on it. ...
      (rec.motorcycles.dirt)