Re: Messager Service Pop-up Dialogs

From: Miha Pihler [MVP] (mihap-news_at_atlantis.si)
Date: 06/15/05

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:24:44 +0200

Hi,

Do you use firewall to protect your computer/network? If not (and it looks
like you are not), then you should...

If this is e.g. home computer then you can install free version of personal
firewall on this computer. Here is one option for persona firewall:
http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm

If you do have firewall, then check it's configuration or research
possibility that messages are sent internally on your network (from e.g.
infected computer).

As last resort, you can disable Messenger service on Windows. Right click on
My Computer and click on Manage. Once the MMC loads, look for Services and
under Services look for Messenger service and disable it. Note: this will
not prevent you from using Windows Messenger that you might use to change
with other people.

I hope this helps,

--
Mike