Messager Service Pop-up Dialogs

From: UnderAttack? (UnderAttack?_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/15/05

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:21:03 -0700

I keep seeing the following dialog pop up on my screen:

Messager Service
Message from WINDOWS to ALERT on 6/15/2005 9:37:42 AM
STOP! WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.
Windows has found Critical System Errors.
To fix the errors please do the following:
1. Download Repair Registry Pro from: www.regprofix.com
2. Install Repair Registry Pro
3. Run Repair Registry Pro
4. Reboot your computer
FAILURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO SYSTEM FAILURE!

However, I can find no reference to regprofix.com with a Google search.
Other similar dialogs appear directing me to www.updatepatch.info,
e-regpatch.com and SwipeSpy.com for repair utilities. However, I can find no
reference to any of those sites on Google! Regprofix.com indicates no
affiliation with Microsoft.

I'm concerned that this is a deceptive internet attack of some sort. What
should I do? Can anyone offer a suggestion? Asking good ole Microsoft costs
$100 up front.