Re: Dump Domain Admins group to text?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 06/09/05

Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:49:21 -0500

Hi Ferdie.

I should have been more specific. If you have an XP Pro computer in your
Windows 2000 domain you can use it as I described to use the AD command line
tools AND intall Group Policy Management Console on it to make it much
easier and give you many more options to manage your Group Policy in a
Windows 2000 domain. Admipak for Windows 2003 is a free download from
Microsoft. --- Steve

"Ferdie" <ferdie@sand.rr.com> wrote in message
> Win2k only right now.
>
> THANKS!
>
> "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Try the command [ net group "domain admins" ]. You could pipe it to a
>> text file as in net group "domain admins">file.txt. If you install
>> adminpak for Windows 2003 on a Windows XP Pro domain computer you can
>> also use the AD command line tools on that computer such as dsquery and
>> dsget for groups as described in the links below. --- Steve
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/46ba1426-43fd-4985-b429-cd53d3046f01.mspx
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/96a4a5ee-ee72-44d5-845f-71b2de33d441.mspx
>>
>> "Ferdie" <ferdie@sand.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know how to dump the Domain Admins group to a text file?
>>> I'm trying to use adfind, but I'm not much of an LDAP querier.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: preventing changes
    ... > a local XP Pro computer that is connected to an NT4 ... Windows NT 4.0 Domain or Workgroups ... Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin ... Implementing Registry-Based Group Policy for Applications ...
  • Re: No Admin Access
    ... You applied group policy to all uses, or at least to the admin. ... The command is something like ... from a Linux CD such as Knoppix -- which does not recognize Windows ... "Knoppix" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ?Quick Question on Group Policy with XP
    ... > XP Group Policy in a Windows 2000 domain per the link below in order ... If you use and XP Pro computer to do such you will need to ... >> Additionally, if you want to use the Remote Assitance feature, you ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy effects?
    ... Yes it has a similar command: ... > time,the results will appear on the client computers on which windows xp ... > this rihgt for windows server 2003 active directory's group policy? ...
  • Re: Userenv Error 1030, 1058
    ... But when i give this command at the command prompt of the D.C it says ... I have 3 servers in our office running win 2003 R2 servers ... Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. ...