How to block all traffic but SQL Server

From: hug gozz (hhugg_at_hotmil.com)
Date: 06/04/05

Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 03:02:36 GMT

We are installing a new server, and it is suppose to be used ONLY for SQL
SERVER 2000, how can I block all traffic and all ports and allow only the
ports used by SQL Server?
Norton Security is not working right, some time it blocks legit queries and
access to SQL Server.
Thanks, I have to choose our next firewall program and I dont know the best
for this job.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hacked?
    ... have some kind of pointer to try to contact a computer on that network. ... Those are NetBIOS ports, and NetBIOS is somewhat chatty and can generate ... installing Zone Alarm on the computer in question would be ... > currently hosting the email server, DNS, as well ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SQL Server
    ... >> SQL Service manager shows that \\LAPTOP\PALSOFT - MSSQLServer is running. ... Antivirus is Sophos ... > allows you to check connectivity to ports. ... And it looks like you can in fact get the server manger status ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Sharepoint Error: Cannot connect to the configuration database error
    ... I hate to ask a dumb question but, is installing SQL going to be required to resolve the issue? ... When you go to START/PROGRAMS do you see a SQL Server reference? ... 'Program Files' contains a Microsoft SQL Server folder but no ISA folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Sharepoint Error: Cannot connect to the configuration database error
    ... There is no SQL Server reference under Start>Programs. ... I hate to ask a dumb question but, is installing SQL going to be required ... It looks like you have a standard version with only have MSDE ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: sql 2005 ctp install didnt go so well
    ... Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP ... > Installing: sqlsupport on target: SERVER ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)