Re: How to save (i.e., back up) an IPSec policy

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 06/01/05

Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:55:20 -0500

You can open the appropriate security policy, go to IP Security policies,
right click and select all tasks - export policies. --- Steve

"Steve B." <SteveB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to save an IPSec policy to some sort of file, so that in
> the
> event of a system migration or reinstallation, the policy could be
> re-applied
> from the "save file", rather than having to re-create it by hand from
> notes?
> TIA...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IPSEC Policy to secure TS
    ... >"How to Create and Enable IPSec Policy to Secure ... >After the IP Security Policy Wizard starts, ... >2) the client policy is rather broad and might need ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: IPSEC Policy to secure TS
    ... "How to Create and Enable IPSec Policy to Secure Terminal Services ... After the IP Security Policy Wizard starts, ... Click to expand Security Settings in the left pane, right-click the Client ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Limit number of login attemps on Windows server 2003 - where to set this up?
    ... An example change which you would make using the DC Security Policy and not ... and the Domain Controller Security Policy only applies to Domain ... > server exists to serve the clients, so what would you change on the DC, ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Security and Audit Policy
    ... Enabling firewall rules without a solid security policy and management ... nameserver (I don't like clients resolving directly in any circumstance.) ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Backup Exec service fails on startup
    ... I suppose the place to start is with the local security policy and/or the domain controller security policy and check for enabled ... Even though you say this is just on one server, it is usually a good idea to make sure the service account is in a separate AD ...