Re: Administrator setting

From: marquette.hockey (marquettehockey_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/18/05

Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:29:55 -0700

Andy,

Yes, I was orginally the ADMIN of this computer but i somehow changed
something to change my status to not being the admin...
How do I reset the password?

"andy smart" wrote:

> marquette.hockey wrote:
> > I am using a laptop that used to be my fathers business computer given to him
> > by his company. I accidentaly changed a setting which changed it so I am not
> > an administrator. Therefore, whenever I try to download a program it says I
> > do not have permission to download this program. Also, I dont know the
> > password to change it so I am an administrator. Any advice
>
> Did you used to log in as 'administrator'? If not then ask the person
> who does to make you one - if you did then the Internet is full of
> possible solutions for password resetting.
>
> If on the other hand you only want to hack your dad's work computer then
> remember that you are going to get caught as resetting the administrator
> password will show up later.....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Alternative to Windows Explorer
    ... One drawback if you use that "runas" approach then you really won't know ... Administrator versus their using their actual account. ... admin, a variation of their normal account. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Impact of removing administrative rights in an enterprise running XP
    ... The user probably had to be an administrator to get the virus in the ... You just apply the patch as an admin, ... Regardless, to speak more to the OP, yes, your support model will most ... Impact of removing administrative rights in an enterprise ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Is non-admin logon worth it?
    ... on as "Administrator" just as some user that is an admin. ... virus, can do pretty much anything with no need to give permission. ... Inexperienced users with full rights to the machine *(even through a UAC ...
  • Re: firewall on budget ?
    ... 1)Work in Admin mode, and through 'run as', browse ... If working in admin mode and doing runas to browse in a guest account. ... Installing a program, getting an error, then doing the run as, can be ... running as administrator all the time. ...
  • Re: Keep admins off of client machines
    ... The 'Domain Administrator' account is ... > administration person from the domain admin account is complex and fraught ... > change the Domain Administrator password. ... > it takes a thorough understanding of such priveleges to do so. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)