Re: Administrator setting

From: andy smart (anonymus_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/17/05

    Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 22:25:24 +0100

    marquette.hockey wrote:
    > I am using a laptop that used to be my fathers business computer given to him
    > by his company. I accidentaly changed a setting which changed it so I am not
    > an administrator. Therefore, whenever I try to download a program it says I
    > do not have permission to download this program. Also, I dont know the
    > password to change it so I am an administrator. Any advice

    Did you used to log in as 'administrator'? If not then ask the person
    who does to make you one - if you did then the Internet is full of
    possible solutions for password resetting.

    If on the other hand you only want to hack your dad's work computer then
    remember that you are going to get caught as resetting the administrator
    password will show up later.....

    • Administrator setting
      ... I am using a laptop that used to be my fathers business computer given to him ... whenever I try to download a program it says I ... password to change it so I am an administrator. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Administrator setting
      ... I was orginally the ADMIN of this computer but i somehow changed ... whenever I try to download a program it says I ... >> password to change it so I am an administrator. ... > possible solutions for password resetting. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista (KB933566)
      ... Contact administrateor' However I AM the administrator! ... When the download completes close IE7 and any other open programs. ... Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista ... Installation status: Failed ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Administrator Interactive logon XP Home
      ... I am trying to download from the windows catalogue. ... presented states "You must be logged on with administrator privileges to ... XP Home Sp2 = Computer administrator account. ...
    • RE: Windows 2000 Server Can access Windows Update Site.
      ... Did you go to microsoft and download the Win updated Ver.2 manually? ... The user trying to do the updates is a Domain Administrator. ... Please remove the user account experiencing difficulty from the ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)