Security Policy Is not opening.

From: Varadarajam (Varadarajam_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/28/05

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:26:05 -0700

Hi

I have Win2000 Domain Controller logged in as domain administrators.

Problem is : I could not able to open Domain Security Policy or Domain
Controller Security Policy. We would like to apply some policies. But Domain
Default Policy Editor is not opening at all.

Its showing a message like "you dont have appropriate permissions.
Details : The System Cannot find path." That is the message i m getting
whenever i tried to open Domain Security Policy and Domain Security Policy.

Please help me in this.

Thanks and Regards
Rajam.

Relevant Pages

  • My Domain Security Policy is not Opening..
    ... I have Win2000 Domain Controller logged in as administrator having full ... rights. ... I could not able to open Domain Security Policy or Domain ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Roaming profile error after Deleting SID history
    ... The problem turned out the be the permissions on the HKey_USER entry. ... If we loaded the NTUSER.DAT in to the registry only the olddomiam/username ... occur if the user profile is corrupted. ... Domain Security Policy \Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local ...
  • Re: Jobs from task scheduler cant log on
    ... >"logon as batch file" right, or look at the other permissions the local ... because the local administrator account should have the ... but the domain security policy was overriding ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Exchange Admin not showing all functions.
    ... I've been doing alot of investigation into it. ... It would appear that it is permissions. ... Its seems to be related to group policies. ... I can not get into Domain Security Policy & Local Secuity Policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Domain Security Policy
    ... In my haste today I selected deny read permissions in the ... security tab for Default Domain Security Policy for ... Domain Admins. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)