802.1x Authentication for non-domain machines

From: Carlos A. Morillo (carlos.morillo_at_myrealbox.com)
Date: 04/11/05

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:07:46 -0400

Is it possible to assign non-domain machines a certificate to authenticate
to a wireless network?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PEAP-MS-CHAP V2 or EAP-TLS for Wireless Encryption
    ... have to authenticate remotely with their server as well. ... with this is that EAP-TLS seems to use both Computer and User certificate. ... I can get a Computer Certificate onto the Computer but I'm ... >> I'm implementing a small wireless network and as well as using 128-bit ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: EAP-TLS machine authentication for non-domain systems
    ... wireless network. ... We are using Windows Server 2003 SP1 certificate ... authenticate though our Cisco WLC wireless infrastructure. ... I don't see any facility in IAS to ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • WIFI Certificate Requirement on XP?
    ... I authenticate with the wireless network in my office via ... my XP machine (same deal on other XP machines). ... I don't have an internal certificate ...
  • Re: 802.1x wireless lan how to?
    ... had on the methodology. ... methodology that doesn't affect the operation of the wireless network. ... it seems that if you have a certificate issue while everything ... My laptop does not have a domain account ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Flaws IIS6 with AD (2003) Cert Mapping
    ... authentication over https, then when they request a user cert, the CA fills ... the certificate in place of the username/password authentication. ... authenticate users, it's the Subject Alternative information with the UPN ...